EIS Holding is seeking a Controller to join our company as a valued member of the management team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in the construction industry and/or relevant auditing experience. The Controller position requires strong numerical proficiency, organization, good problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent use of logic, and strong attention to detail.
As part of the management team, the Controller is responsible for managing all accounting functions including:
- Compliance with accounting standards, balance sheet, and monthly production in a timely and accurate manner.
- Managing job estimates, progress billing, monthly WIP reports, and job profitability reviews. Experience or familiarity with percentage of completion accounting.
- Management of AR, AP, collections, and cash flow monitoring and management. Understanding AIA billing is a plus.
- Managing and reporting for banking relationships, insurance reporting, and bonding reports.
- Compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Coordinate the production of information to external auditors for the annual audit and periodic bank audits.
- Payroll and certified payroll reports adhering to the requirements of applicable Davis-Bacon wage decisions.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the traditional and comprehensive responsibilities of the Controller position, the successful candidate will be involved in migrating QuickBooks to the corporate ERP system with the strong support of the parent company.
It is also anticipated that employee benefits will be enhanced by implementing a 401(k) program with matching components, direct deposit, health insurance implementation with strict adherence to the Affordable Care Act, and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will enjoy a challenging yet rewarding environment associated with a company with over 30 years of successful growth and still managed with the original founders. We are part of a larger organization with nationwide operations that present additional opportunities in teamwork efforts, collaboration, and personal growth opportunities.
If you have experience in some or most of the responsibilities shown above, you are strongly encouraged to apply and discuss the possibilities and opportunities that await. Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and ability. If qualified, you should not ignore this outstanding opportunity.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Education & Experience
- Experience in accounting, finance, payroll, and general management is required.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Construction industry experience desired.
- QuickBooks, Acumatica and strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills.